Educational activity outside the University
Alongside research activities, the Team is also involved in the popularization of science and educational activities. We design, conduct and evaluate information/education programmes and campaigns in various fields of environmental protection and sustainable development, particularly in nature conservation and municipal waste management. We carry out educational and informational activities addressed to various recipients (local governments, staff of national parks, teachers, pupils etc.), and we develop educational materials.
The Team has, for several years, been committed to education. We have authored many publications for pre-school children, school pupils and teachers (including providing the scientific background for ecological education trails) and have been involved in organizing and delivering popular lectures for pupils in primary and secondary schools. The Team develops scenarios and conducts activities with children of pre-school and school age, principally in the Małopolska region. We are also deliver guest lectures at conferences for teachers of various levels of education, and are also involved in events that benefit children and young people – since 2009, Professor Małgorzata Grodzińska-Jurczak has been a member of the Scientific Council of the Małopolska University for Children.
We also participate in informal educational activities by co-operating with municipalities (e.g. with local administrative offices in Kraków, Jasło and Myślenice, as well as with the Union of Upper Raba Communities and Kraków), assisting them in planning the environmental education strategy in the field of municipal waste management. We co operate with Sendzimir Foundations whose activities are aimed at implementing sustainable development in practice, and education related to sustainable development. We also participate in informal educational projects – by conducting lectures, workshops and meetings for various groups of shareholders.
- Innovative biology teaching in upper secondary schools – Operational programme – Human Capital (2013-2016) – Co-contractor of the project
- Publication of a set of scenarios and practicals pertaining to the issues of municipal waste for pre-school children, primary and lower-secondary school pupils, and publication of a methodological guide for biology teachers – under a grant from the Municipal and Poviat Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Krakow – 2002
- Publication of the Original Programme for the Inter-subject Educational Trail "Cultural Heritage and Natural Environment in the Małopolska Region" – under a grant from the Municipal and Poviat Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Krakow – 2001 – Co-contractor of the project
- EU Centre of Excellence – co-ordinator of two task packages ("The Promotion of rational waste management" and "Environmental Education") - 2002-2005
- Biology Teacher – Curriculum for Post-graduate Studies – under a grant from the Ministry of National Education – 1999 Widening the scope of the Environmental Education course, and developing new and updating current educational materials – under a grant from the Stefan Batory Foundation 1997-98
- Development and publication of the educational set ‘Selected Issues of Environmental Protection’ – under a grant from the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management – 1995
- Mission „Natura” – LIFE+ Financial Instrument - (2012-2016) – Co-contractor of the project
- Co-operation with the Sendzimir Foundation, e.g. under the ‘Count on Green’ project
- Planning, organizing and conducting social consultations for the beneficiaries of individual projects and for employees of institutions implementing NSRF – the Ministry of Regional Development, and NIRAS IC Co. Ltd. The Project co-financed by the Operational Programme ‘Technical Assistance’ 2007-2013 under the European Regional Development Fund – Contractor of the project
- Improving the effectiveness of municipal waste management in the Jordanów municipality through educational/informational activities focused on the selective collection of waste and on the threats from burning waste – under a grant from the Voivodeship Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Krakow, 2009 – co- contractor of the project
- Improving the effectiveness of municipal waste management in the Union of the Municipalities of the Wisłoka River basin – under a grant from the Union of the Municipalities of the Wisłoka River basin and the Voivodeship Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Rzeszów, 2009, co- contractor of the project
- 'Thinking about tomorrow, we segregate today’ – under a grant from the Association for the Promotion and Development of the Zakliczyn Municipality, and the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management, 2009, co-contractor of the project
- How to protect the Upper Raba River basin? – the effect of educational activities on the increase in social participation in rational water-sewage management – funded from the Central Reserve of Funds for Own Research (BRBW UJ) – 2003-2004 – manager of the project
- How to protect the Upper Raba River basin’s catchment? – financed by a grant from the Union of Upper Raba Communities and Kraków – 2002 – co-contractor of the project
- The increase in social participation in the rational management of municipal waste – designing the promotional/educational campaign in Jasło - 2000 - 2005 – Co-contractor of the project