Nature Protection, Wildlife Management and Environmental Education Research Team
The Nature Protection, Wildlife Management and Environmental Education Research Team of the Institute of Environmental Sciences, Jagiellonian University, is an interdisciplinary group of experts of nature conservation, social sciences, and environmental education.
The Team is involved in research that focuses on the social aspects of nature conservation and environmental education, which includes in particular the following: analyses of nature conservation public policies, conflicts around protected areas, the functioning of nature conservation systems, public participation in nature resource management, the perception of elements of nature by various interested parties, the use of the ecosystem service concept and environmental education among different social groups. The majority of research is conducted within research projects financed from various sources.
Apart from research, the Team is engaged in educational and advisory activities, coordinating information and educational programmes in nature conservation addressed to local communities, and developing educational materials for target groups of various ages. In so doing, the Team cooperates with administrative and non-governmental institutions both in Poland and abroad.
- Małgorzata Grodzińska-Jurczak, Prof.
- Joanna Tusznio, PhD
- Marianna Strzelecka, PhD
- Katarzyna Nieszporek, MSc
- Marcin Rechciński, MSc
- Mariusz Boćkowski, MSc
- Justyna Stańczyk (Gutowska), PhD (2016-2017)
- Agata Pietrzyk-Kaszyńska, PhD (2009-2016)
- Sristi Kamal, PhD (2011-2015)
- Hanna Kobierska, PhD (2006-2011)
- Marta Tarabuła-Fiertak, MSc (2002-2011)
Research projects currently underway in the Team:
- COST CA15212
- SCALES- Securing the Conservation of biodiversity cross Administrative Levels and spatial, temporal and Ecological Scales - EU Seventh Framework Programme
- Information, education and communication for the natural environment - work package in Jagiellonian University project WRBW/DS/INoŚ/760.
Research and application projects in which the Team currently participates:
Members of the Team are involved in teaching activities, running courses for students at all educational stages in biology, biology and geography, biology and geology, and environmental protection programmes:
- Ecological Education
- Social and economic aspects of nature conservation
- Environmental Protection Policy
- Economic fundamentals of environmental protection
- Methods of Secondary Data Analysis
- Research funding and conducting research projects
- Research management